Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Update - Version 6 with Jennifer

Colleagues

I'm including some of Kyle's comments at the end of this. Jennifer has sent some content and I have spent some time edting this down. I am expecting Aaron will send some content as well. Currently, we are at and around 2,700 words, and I am thinking we likely need for everyone's section just one paragraph. So, expect some major edits here in the next day. We can add all this back in over the summer, with the hope that our symposium will be accepted.

Jennifer is going to take a crack at this tomorrow afternoon to edit this with some fresh eyes, and then I will look at it again tomorrow night before I send it to all of you for one last look over late Wed night.

All is going very well on this. Stay tuned. Thanks to everyone.

Scott

From Kyle: In case any of you look thru the numbers that I summarized and passed along earlier this afternoon (from the numbers that Welch pulled), I took out a few outliers from each group (each NCAA division) that would have skewed the summaries. Also, we really don't have very accurate numbers here for what I wrote -- because we are not going to know the number of kids that are out-of-state versus those that are in-state. So the cost-of-attendance, on average, is never going to be known. So the best I could do is take the average across both in-state and out-of-state figures. Of course, it's a moot point for private schools anyway. That's one thing we could do down the road -- after the proposal -- we could separate the privates and the publics. We also will need to eventually get the numbers on participation by sport, so we can then get the total amount of POSSIBLE aid that COULD be awarded, and then we could compare it to what's actually been awarded.

But I think what we got for now is fine for just the proposal part of things. Should be enough to whet the appetite of some of the proposal reviewers out there.

--Kyle

No comments: