Colleagues - I have asked Doug Toma to be our chair and discussant, and he has accepted. He has also stated his willingness to review our document and provide feedback as we move forward.
I believe if this is something we intend to do, we need to get cracking. I originally proposed for the Apr 15 date to be the first date to share data and information relating to our proposal.
I also believe this is still doable within our timeframe, if we stick to #1 and #4 (listed below) as our research questions. However, again, I am open to any other thoughts on this.
Can any of you provide some insight on where you are with this and your potential conributions?
Thanks - Scott
Thursday, April 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I really don't have anything ready to go for research question #4 (predictive model) and am not optimistic I'll have anything by May 1. I am working on my qualifying paper with an early May deadline. Perhaps we might focus on research question #1 and use that to lead into a larger discussion during the symposium about college sports. This will allow us each to bring our own areas of reasearch, expertise, etc. to bear on the research question. I can do a quick search for articles and begin a lit. review on athletics scholarships. Thoughts?
Troy - excellent. I think between each of us we should be able to gather a solid proposal for #1.
Agreed with the focus: let's do the basic question and branch out from that.
Scott
Post a Comment