Scott
-----------
From: Kim Nehls
Date: Tue, Mar 23, 2010 at 10:04 AM
Subject: [CSPTALK] ASHE 2010 Symposia Ideas
To: CSPTALK@listserv.louisville.edu
Hello, my CSP colleagues:
To those of you attending ACPA right now, I hope you are having a wonderful time in Beantown! I emailed the group a couple weeks ago about the ASHE conference heading to Indianapolis in November 2010: www.ashe.ws/2010conference.html. I had a couple of ideas for symposia that I wanted to share with you, in the hopes that someone will pick up the ball on one or both of these ideas and submit a proposal. Both topics are timely and unique in that they utilize the resources available in Indy. I would really like to see ASHE take advantage of all the resources readily available in the city.
A symposium at ASHE is a thematic conversation between a panel and the audience who attends the symposium. Typically, 3 - 5 individuals sit on the symposium panel and a moderator oversees the discussion, but this is at your discretion. More information on symposia is below. All proposals must be submitted and locked by May 1, 2010 at 11:59 Eastern time.
Idea # 1: A couple of scholars could discuss research and current topics about college athletics and bring in individuals from the NCAA headquarters located in Indy to provide the practitioner perspective. Perhaps a local athletic director, coach, or some student athletes could also weigh in on the topic.
Contact Info of NCAA:
National Collegiate Athletic Association
700 W Washington St/ PO Box 6222 / Indianapolis, IN 46206-6222
Ph: 317-917-6222
No comments:
Post a Comment